Saturday, May 19, 2007

Did I learn from Fennie? You bet!

I have always enjoyed working with my hands and though I do receive compliments from friends and relatives on my handiwork, I never got around to making a business out of it until I met Fennie.

Fennie thought me that there is value in the time I spent designing and creating my craft. She makes me think of my efforts in exact numbers with the $ sign before it. She stopped me many times from dismantling my work because I was simply not satisfied with the results. As it turn out, these were the products that were sold.

I tend to want to perfect my skills first before I start on anything and in the end I did not get around to doing some of the stuff I have always thought of doing. Once I have made a commitment to teach, things just fall into place.

If you intend to teach a craft, your passion for it makes better wall paper in your classroom than any certificates that you are waiting to acquire before you can start a class.

So, if you are finding it difficult to learn from someone beneath you, maybe, reaching that roadblock again will show you the way.

No comments: